Hey guys! We’re into Star Wars: Episide IV: A New Hope (also three posts today, whaaaatttt…) also know as simply Star Wars.
This is the one that started it all…and what a start it is!
Here’s what we get:
- It’s been 17 years of Imperial rule. Luke Skywalker intends to enroll in the Imperial Academy, to get the eff off Tatooine.
- Princess Leia is also a senator (badass) she’s also a spy! (Awesome!) She also sends the Death Star Plans to Obi-Wan in R2-D2! (She’s the best) unfortunately her badassery leads to her planet being blown up.
- Alderaan blows up
- Han Solo (he of all the sexy) transports Luke and Obi-Wan to blown up Alderaan in order to circumvent the bounty Jabba The Hutt has placed on him.
- Obi-Wan gives Luke Anakin’s Light Saber. Also tells him a big ol lie about Darth Vader murdering Anakin
- Speaking of, Obi-Wan and Vader face off. Vader kills him, he becomes One With The Force.
- Luke blows up the Death Star (with a defensive assist from Han) Vader proves that he’s still a great pilot.
So that’s that! I wish I had more to say but most of what we’re told in this movie gets laid out in the prequels.