Alright gang, let’s talk Civil War trailer.
I watched it three times and I definitely cried two of them. And this one barely touched on Steve and Bucky…but when you see Wanda turn her head at the Secovia footage…oof…that’s what got me started. Anyway, as usual with these trailers, I think it’s best if I just do bullet points
- We had a big fight in my house because Mary and Joe are Team Ironman…SIGHHHHHH. This comes less from their actual sympathies and more from the fact that Mary is in love with Robert Downey Jr.
- I am very worried that they’re going to fridge Rhodey. Is it still fridging if it’s a guy? Whatever. I’m worried about him. He’s one of my favorite characters and I love the way Don Cheadle plays him. I don’t know, I’m just super worried about it. But I doubt that they would show us a major character death in the trailer.
- I’ve realized that it’s just going to break me, whatever happens to make Nat choose Tony over Steve. Just…now.
- Black Panther chasing Bucky through a tunnel!!!!!!! BAD ASS! So much Black Panther, you guys, I really can’t wait for it. I wonder if Bucky did some shit in Wakanda and that’s what brings T’Challa in. I could live with that.
- I like that this trailer focused on Tony a little bit more.
- Let’s talk Web Head. I’m into the look of the costume, it’s something different than Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire wore. I’m shocked that they showed him in the trailer. Truly. I really thought we were going to have to wait until May. Whatever, it looks great.
I have my ticket for Thursday night. (I got shut out of the IMAX for BvS, I wasn’t letting that happen for this…) I think it’s going to be a fun movie season. In general, something I’ve noted is that my life tends to change when Captain America movies come out. I graduated from college and realized I didn’t want to work in publishing when The First Avenger hit. I got my job the same week as The Winter Soldier. I don’t know what’s coming in May, but I’m guessing it’s going to be good. and big.