So I know I was supposed to write about Sailor Moon today, but I was out in the city last night, so instead I’m doing things I’m obsessed with right now! Here we go!
- New Cosplay that I’m working on! I’m planning for the conventions (yes that’s a plural!) that I’m going to this year. I plan on doing what’s called in the Doctor Who fandom as “50’s Rose,” which is the adorable bobbi soxer outfit that Rose wears in the episode “The Idiot Box.” I have the dress. I need to figure out the jacket and hair and I’m there, and I’m really excited about it.
- Empire. I love it sooooooo much you guys. I love the music, I love the characters, I love the ridiculous story lines. I loooovvvveee Cookie. Who doesn’t love Cookie? She’s amazing. Taraji P. Henson is amazing. Just, amazing. “What do you do Yoko? DO YOU PLAY THE TAMBOURINE?” I might just start saying this to people in my life, for no reason. Also Jamal came out. And sang an adorable song with child-who-might-be-his-daughter-but-probably-isn’t-because-come-on-guys-really? Also Andre? So crazy! Right? And it turns out Hakeem has feelings and isn’t the worst. Wow. Good for Hakeem. I could keep going. This post could basically be all about Empire.
- A new podcast! Tales From The Jungle Crews, where a guy who used to work on The Jungle Cruise at Disneyland interviews other people who used to work for The Jungle Cruise and it is fascinating and awesome and you wouldn’t expect it to be, but it’s really cool.
- Talking about how cold it is. Look, if you’re not in the Northeast, you’re probably sick about hearing it. It’s not even that cold anymore, but before yesterday, it was so cold. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW COLD IT WAS!
- Listening to songs from Empire. Even if you don’t watch the show listen to “No Apologies,” and “You’re So Beautiful,” and also maybe “Drip Drop.” Or just watch Empire. WATCH EMPIRE!
- Editing my manuscript. I’ve rewritten nearly 20 pages now. It’s terrible. I hate it. But I’m invested enough to keep going. Which counts as an obsession…I guess.
- Choosing what Cons I want to go to this year. Obviously, I’m going to New York Comic Con. There’s no question there. That’s my con. I know I’ve only gone twice, but I still feel protective of it. I might go to Special Edition New York as well, that’ll be a little more last minute. I’m also looking at Atlantic City Boardwalk Con, and Dragoncon in Atlanta…that’s going to come down to money. (Believe it or not, Atlanta might be cheaper because I have family there to stay with…pretty much, I need someone to split the hotel room with me in Atlantic City to make it worth it…Anyone want to go with me? Split a room? Let me know.)
- Taraji P. Henson. And Empire. Have I mentioned that I’m obsessed with Empire?
So that’s where I’m at these days. Enjoy your obsessions! I know I’m enjoying mine.