It’s hard to believe that it’s less than two months until Iron Man 3 hits theaters. So of course, new stuff is going to be coming out about it, probably every week, until the release. I’m excited to learn more.
Last time I talked about Iron Man 3, was when the teaser came out a few months ago. Things we know now that we didn’t know then:
1. Rhodey is wearing the Patriot Armor. SICK! More War Machine is fine by me. I love that character
2. Mandarin is targeting Tony personally, and looks like he’s making him choose between being Tony and being Iron Man, something that he’s never had to do before. That will be interesting, and kind of a cool direction for him.
3. All of the Ironman Prototypes are going to be involved in some kind of fight scene. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS.
Of course it raises a few more questions:
1. Need we have a scene where Pepper is attacked while wearing a bra and panties, as it appears we do? One of the things that I’ve always loved about the Marvel movies in general and Ironman movies specifically is that they treat the female characters with some level of dignity, Pepper in particular. I have a feeling this is going to annoy me.
2. Still no sign of any of the other Avengers…yet. But it looks like the story will heavily feature the President and Rhodey all Stars and Spangled out, and if Cap at the very least doesn’t make an appearance, I think that’s just unreasonable.
3. Robert Downey Jr. looks unbelievably good these days. I mean, more so than usual.
So I’m excited. I don’t know about the rest of you.